So, my older sister is doing P90X now. In search of motivation, she did a web search for photos and experiences and landed on my blog of all places. Small world.
But do I look like my "after" pics anymore? Um... Not so much.
It's not an excuse given that I'm supposed to be good at the whole "life balance" thing, but somehow I just lost steam after my dad passed away in April of this year.
To snap me out of my slump, I recently found out that I am going to be a bridesmaid in a wedding very soon. On New Years Day, I will be required to wear a fitted, strapless, cornflower blue taffeta dress.
God help me.
Time to get off my blumpy and motivate.
In the spirit of practicing what I preach, here's my plan per Personal Strategic Management...
1. I will affirm and encourage myself towards good health and energy. I will be positive and confident.
2. I will monitor my thoughts and words. If I catch myself saying or thinking things like "I feel fat" or "I'm so tired", I will immediately reframe thoughts and words to the positive.
3. I will meditate daily to keep myself balanced, keep my stress at bay and attract my goal. (The very simple pink bubble technique is one of my favorites.)
1. I will exercise at least 45 min per day, six times per week; alternating cardio and strength training.
2. I will eat a healthy, balanced diet with special caution towards sodium and sugar intake.
3. I will record my food/drink and fitness in MyNetDiary.
1. I will ask my husband and kids to help out more so I have more time/energy to put towards my workouts and food prep. (They also need to hide the Halloween candy.)
2. I will write about my journey and progress here over the next several weeks.
3. I will leverage my membership with the online community at BeachBody.
Anyone else looking to achieve a fitness or weight loss goal before the New Year?
What is your Internal/External/Support plan?